On February 14th, 2011, I was one of six bloggers to receive the Valentine Stylish Blogger Award from K who blogs My Business Addiction. K received the award from WorkingTechMom who started The Stylish Blogger Award after she was fired from her job. Or, so I thought.
Addendum: WorkingTechMom did not start The Stylish Blogger Award; she was nominated and bestowed the award upon My Business Addiction who in turn bestowed the award upon me and five other bloggers. I understood this part 10 minutes ago.
I was thrilled and honored to have been awarded The Stylish Blogger Award. I walked on cloud 9. Yes, my blog had been validated with this award. I grinned all night and had a warm fuzzy in my heart for a week.
That very night I started planning on which bloggers I would award, if I was the ultimate winner of the six. But, I was never picked as the winner. Saddened, I put my list away, but kept the memory that I had been a finalist, as in the Oscars? (Note the dry sarcasm at myself in the ? mark).
Today, while I was reading another blogger who had also won The Stylish Blogger Award, I remembered that I never found out who was chosen to win the award from the six bloggers who were given the award by My Business Addiction. Therefore, I returned to the Valentine Stylish Blogger Award post written by My Business Addiction.
Now, the “My Bad” part is coming. I actually thought WorkingTechMom was going to decide the ultimate winner, as in the Oscars, I repeat. I reread the rules on My Business Addiction from whence my award originated and realized that one single winner was not chosen, but that all six of the chosen bloggers had won the award, as in unlike the Oscars.
It gets nuttier, believe me, but I’ll stop this nutty train right now, before it completely derails. All I have to ask is…
Note to self: What part of A-W-A-R-D didn’t you understand?
With that said, the award comes with the responsibility of the following:
- Present seven things about yourself
- Name about a half-dozen bloggers you think deserve the award
- Contact those people
- Create a link back to the person who gave you the honor
Seven Things About Myself
1) I have taken an algebra class three times and every time I come to the fractions, I don’t understand and quit the class. A grey cloud fogs my frontal lobe when I try to do percentages and fractions. So, I quit. However, today, I actually figured out 20% of $145.00 in my head, while talking face-to-face to a client. I was thrilled. I was one dollar off, but still thrilled. I said $28.00. Twenty percent of $145.00 is $29.00.
2) Even though my math is horrible, I have been wanting to take an accounting class for years, but I have given into the fear that I will fail the class.
3) I am not a spontaneous person. I have to plan to insert spontaneity into my life. I know that’s a contradiction.
4) I am a scanner. Throughout my life I have wanted to be an astronaut, veterinarian, a teacher, a trainer, a real estate agent, an attorney, a virologist, a geologist, a physical therapist, a photographer, a recruiter, an executive, a fiction writer, a waitress, an actress, an administrative assistant, entrepreneur, a physician, a scientist, an internet marketer, an event and wedding planner, a computer programmer, an ethical hacker, a network security specialist, an FBI agent, and a policewoman.
5) I played the flute in the band when I was in highschool and first semester in college. I love listening to all music, with the exception of hard jazz which I find discordant.
6) I wanted to play the clarinet, but I had a bad overbite and crooked teeth and my mother suggested I play the flute. What I really wanted to do was play the drums if I couldn’t play the clarinet, but I allowed fear to stand in my way once again.
7) Fear has played a large part in my life, however, I am learning to push through my fears and live my life on my terms day-by-day.
As in the Oscars, the golden The Stylish Blogger Award goes to…
1) Horses and Heels The photos on her front page made me stay after I clicked on her adorable title. Her writing made me blogroll her. She has a fabulous sense of style, and she finds the most gorgeous boots I have ever seen.
2) El Blog de Steve He is a teacher/blogger in Iowa with a great sense of honest, down to earth humor, and intelligence. He cracks me up and makes my day.
3) Window of Life The second post that I read from Window of
Life irritated me so bad, I never wanted to go back again. However, she is actively exploring life through her travels. She writes with a charming insight that made me “think” and realize again that I do sometimes live in an isolated vacuum.
4) The Hubby Diaries A slice-of-life, blogger with a hilarious sense of humor that had me laughing with her for days.
5) My Parents Are Crazier Than Yours WoW! WoW! WoW! Wonderful, funny, insightful blogger on a journey, I know well. I hope one day I write just as well as she does.
6) Legomyphoto He has a wonderful 3D imagination that I envy and a hilarious sense of humor. I am in awe of his brilliance!
Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: | El Blog de Steve, Horses and Heels, LegoMyPhoto, My Business Addiction, My Parents are Crazier than Yours, The Hubby Diaries, The Stylish Blogger Award, Window of Life, WorkingTechMom